This workshop proposes to combine two different dance styles; contemporary dance, butoh and performing arts. The idea is to explore the boundaries between each art form. Both physical and emotional stimuli will be explored, in search of a natural balance between body, space, breathing, creation and authenticity in movement. There is a practical part of choreographic composition and a technical part of warming-up with improvisational techniques and choreographic games. Floor-based workouts, body awareness, improvisation games and composing short choreographic sketches will be approached during class.
Docents: Anderson Vieira and Fabio Dornas
- To develop practices with each participant based on their personal experience
- To elaborate and deepen a personal performance style
- To exercise the components of a self-image [movement, thought, sensation and feeling] and its impact on resulting actions
- Scenic Presence
- Scenic composition using image conducted movements
- The goal is to create a biographical dance as a product of each participant’s personal history
The workshop will be held on 21st and 22nd November 2018
from 11:00 till 13:00 a.m at Acud Theater, Veteranenstr. 21, Berlin-Mitte.
Value: 65,- Euros
Attention! Applications by e-mail to
Erika Lazoups (email@example.com) or Fabio Dornas (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Payment: direct to teachers on the first day of workshop.